Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Wanna Contribute To My Kickstarter?


All's I need is a measly $900 and I can get this super-sweet set of Croods bookends. They're extremely limited, and were only given to the crew of film. Oh, and one greedy ebay seller.

PLEEEEEEEAAAAAAASE?

Now, I know what you're thinking: "$900 for a couple of crummy bookends? That's insane!" Yeah, I thought so, too. But then I drank a bunch of iced coffee with extra sugars, and I realized that it's actually only $450 per bookend. Somehow that didn't seem quite so outrageous to my caffeinated cranium. Heck, by the time the sugar hit my brain, it actually seemed sorta reasonable!

Thanks to Steven MacLeod for the link, and Kris0ten for the photo.

P.S. This is a joke. Well, the Kickstarter part, anyway. The part about the selfish seller trying to get a grand for something they got for free is real. Reprehensible, but real.

2 comments:

  1. I'm rather surprised at Dreamworks' lackluster marketing of Croods merchandise. Bookends/statues like these should definitely be on the market. Disney and Pixar frequently have snowglobes or dioramas for their movies. What did we get for the visually stunning Croods? Cheap McDonalds figures for a few of the mash-up animals with PICTURES (not even figures) of the human (or proto-human) stars. I keep looking for something more, but so far, am disappointed. These statues are the nicest things I've seen, and priced WAY out of my range.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are pretty expensive. But I have Great news for everyone who has played the Rovio Croods game just like me. Rovio has just recently updated the game which gives you the opportunity to capture a Ramu! and you can go to The Friendly Neighbor's to receive more points.

    ReplyDelete