Friday, February 1, 2013

Fan Art Friday


I love it when I meet someone whose passion for The Croods rivals my own. Today's fan artist is one such person. Michael (a.k.a. Cliffjumperprime2) contributed an astounding THREE PIECES to today's post, each one more impressive than the last.

First up is the Liyote. This skinny, orange rascal was the first drawing of Michael's that I saw, and that's all it took. I was hooked. The crooked stance, the vibrant colors, the stretched limbs and that long blue tongue -- it kinda reminds me of some of the artwork of the Southwestern Native American tribes.


Next up, the brooding Bearowl. You wouldn't think that this many styles of skins, furs and feathers would look good together, but goddamn if Michael doesn't make it work. Maybe he ought to expand his artistic repertoire to include Haute couture. I could see Anna Wintour pimping parkas made of Bearowl in an upcoming issue of Vogue.


Why-oh-why do we all love the Macawnivore? Simple. Because Chris Sanders designed it using all of the sharpest tools in his adorable arsenal. Over-sized head? Check. Unusually expressive eyes? You betcha. Cute and furry mixed with possibly deadly? Oh yeah. Add to that Sanders' new found affinity for unusual color schemes and you have this year's Stitch and this film's Toothless. Needless to say, Michael aced this drawing, too. The face, in particular, really captures something magical, doesn't it? I think it's the way he did the Macawnivore's eyes. You can almost see it thinking!

To see more of Michael's artwork, click here.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, So much Ju-osh. I'm really gald you love all 3 of them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU for sharing them with us! They're great!

      Delete