Monday, January 28, 2013

The First Wave of Croods Toys is Now Available


The first six Croods toys are now on sale, and...gosh, how do I say this nicely? Well, they're not choking hazards. That's a plus! And the toxic chemicals used in their manufacture were kept to legal, non-lethal doses. Good on you, Mattel!

Okay, so maybe I'm being a bit unfair. These toys are clearly intended for the li'l ones. (Aged 36 months - 7 years, to be exact.) I guess it only makes sense that simplicity and durability would trump detail and design. Still, as The Croods' unofficial, unpaid, hype-man and lobbyist, I can’t help but feel a little disappointed. I was hoping that the first Croods toy would be a work of wonder, a must-have collectible, something that folks of all ages would trample over family and friends to purchase. The fact that you are still sitting here reading this instead of clicking away to BUY NOW only proves that this is not the case.

That said, should my Mishka decide to decorate my March birthday cake with the figures from the Croodaceous Creature Pack (hint! hint!), I'll lick the frosting off each and every one of 'em. ("Non-lethal doses." That's been tested, right?)

One VERY COOL thing about these toys' release? NEW NAMES! The five critters in the Creature Pack (top row) are the Macawnivore, Bearowl, Jackrobat, Crocpup and Liyote. The two critters in the Hero Packs (bottom row) are the Ramu and the Punch Monkey. I don't know about you, but nerdy minutia like that always brings a smile to my sourpuss.

To order these toys, click here and here.

2 comments:

  1. Where are all the girls??? There is only the males from the movie??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've gotta agree, this was a HUGE mistake. I mean, there are the Eep and Sandy plush toys, but ZERO 'action figures.' MISSED OPPORTUNITY.

      Delete