Monday, November 19, 2012

Dear DreamWorks: No Fart Jokes, Please!


The new Croods trailer is due any day now. Word is, it's a gas. According to Chris Sanders, this trailer will "dig into the [film's] humor." But will this be a highbrow humor aimed at the artsy-fartsy animation elite, or a bunch of grotesque gut-busters geared to the Shrek set?

While I'm certainly no prude, I think I speak for everyone of refined taste and blue blood breeding when I say, PLEASE, DREAMWORKS: NO FART JOKES! A trailer is supposed to give audiences a brief whiff of what awaits. A flatulence gag could backfire, creating a lingering, unpleasant air around the film. And don't think audiences won't notice if you try and squeeze in a small one. They have a nose for these things! Remember: It only takes one stinker to clear the room.

If I've offended anyone at DreamWorks with this unsavory outburst, I ask that you please excuse me. This has been welling up inside me for a while now, and it's a relief to finally let it out. Holding it in...well, it's been making me sick to my stomach. Plus, I thought that it was time to clear the air between us. What can I say? I'm classy like that.

2 comments:

  1. I'm beginning to think we will not see the second trailer this week. I'm now thinking it will be with Hobbit or Monsters Inc. (in December).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I think you're right. (And boy, am I glad you never wanted to bet money on these guessing games. I'd be BROKE!)

      Delete