Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Croods Crewman Bids Film A Fond Farewell


Jamaal Bradley, a Senior Animator on The Croods, posted the following on his website:

Well...that's another film in the bag, and I have to say that Croods and Surfs Up were my favorite films to work on so far. I am completely grateful that I got to work with James Baxter and Chris Sanders. It's still pretty crazy to me. As you are learning animation, you find those few guys that help push yourself, inspire, and help define where you want to take your animation. James is definitely one of those guys for me.

I will cherish my experience and hopefully we will work together again on another project.

Aw...*sniffle*...I'm not crying. Honest. My eyes are sweating.

Related: Croods Crew: Jamaal Bradley

4 comments:

  1. Funny how you never hear the people who worked on a Chris Sanders film saying "That experience was an absolute nightmare. Am I ever glad to escape that hellish Dickensian sweatshop and all the incompetent hacks who toil there." I can only assume this is because the studio rounds up such malcontents and locks them away in a sub-basement, never to blog or tweet again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, there are actually NINE sub-basements (each themed around a different circle of Hell), but yeah, you pretty much nailed Sanders' secret to squelching negative leaks.

      Delete
  2. We've see some these images before but I don't think I've ever seen the last one.

    Check it out: http://www.filmofilia.com/four-new-images-from-the-croods-123265/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry it took so long to respond! Thanks for the photo link, Bob. I tried to use it to make a new banner for the blog, but the way that Thunk's eyes are half closed and his mouth is half open...TOO CREEPY.

      Delete