Thursday, September 13, 2012
How To Torture A How To Train Your Dragon Fan
(in six sadistic steps)
1. Inform them of the release date for the previously announced How To Train Your Dragon 2 -- June 20, 2014.
2. Wait patiently while they b*tch and moan about the TWO LONG YEARS they're gonna have to endure, and how every second of every day between now and June 20, 2014 is just another opportunity for Death to swoop in and take them to the sweet hereafter before they ever get a chance to see the sequel that they've already waited far too long for.
3. Then, just as they're beginning to come to terms with the wait, let 'em know that there's a How To Train Your Dragon PART THREE in the pipeline.
4. As soon as a smile starts to crease their tear-stained cheeks, tell 'em, "Oh, yeah...and it's FOUR YEARS AWAY!"
5. Step to one side as they collapse at your feet.
6. Laugh maniacally.
That's right, folks. According to DreamWorks' recently released 4-year film schedule, there's gonna be a HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON 3 in 2016! Or, to put it in a way that'll make the wait even more excruciating, if you enter college now, you'll be graduating roughly the same the time that the film is released.
Wholly related: The awesome drawing (above) is by DreamWorks' own Rufftoon. He did it to illustrate his leaving the Rise of the Guardians production to team to join the crew currently working on the Dragons sequels. Please praise Rufftoon's artistic prowess via his Tumblr!