Thursday, August 2, 2012

In Lieu of Croods News: Lilo & Stitch Stuff

Animator Andreas Deja has posted some of his early character sketches for Lilo & Stitch on his blog. It's amazing to see how certain characters -- like the social worker -- went through numerous permutations before finally settling on their final look, while other characters -- main characters, like Lilo -- pretty much came out of the pen fully formed. Click here to be blown away by the beauty of blue pencils.


Remember Pudge the fish? He's the fish that Lilo fed peanut butter sandwiches to. (Because eating tuna fish sandwiches would've made Pudge a cannibal, duh!) Well, YouTube has a story-boarded outtake from L&S featuring Pudge's formal introduction to Stitch. Warning: It gets very emotional very quickly. VERY emotional. VERY quickly. Click here to test the rapid response of your tear ducts.


4 comments:

  1. Hi Ju-osh, I found this image from the movie but it is quite out of focus.

    http://jimhillmedia.com/editor_in_chief1/b/jim_hill/archive/2012/08/06/usc-s-quot-dreamworlds-quot-exhibit-explores-dreamworks-animation-s-visual-development-process.aspx#.UCBq_pzA_fI

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, TWO TIPS in less than a week! Thank you so much. If I had a payroll, I'd put you on it. (Will a dinner roll suffice?)

      Delete
  2. There is no need to thank me. I'm a big fan of Chris Sanders and Dean DeBlois so when I come across anything I'm happy to share whatever I find. In a way, I wish both of those guys worked on "The Croods" together but maybe it is best that they're work apart this time around so we can have two movies to look forward to as opposed to just one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "I wish both of those guys worked on The Croods together."

      I couldn't agree more.

      Delete