Monday, August 27, 2012

A Second Piece of Croods Production Art Revealed


My fellow Lilo & Stitch enthusiast, The Entertainment Nut, has trumped me yet again. While I was slacking off on the beaches of ye ol' New England, homeboy was out finding, photographing and uploading the second piece of Croods production art to ever hit the net! (He snapped this trippy pic while attending DreamWorks' art exhibition, DreamWorlds – Behind the Scenes, Production Art from DreamWorks Animation. For more info on this tiringly titled exhibit, click here.)

While the first piece of production design featured a lush, jungle landscape that dwarfed the film's titular family, this new piece looks like the cover to an old Yes album. From what I can surmise, it's the perimeter of a primordial pond. Growing out of the bright blue body of water(?) are what appear to be squat, twisted trees(?) topped with large, orange and green crystals(?).

Yeah...I'm not entirely sure I'm getting it either.

That said, I'd MUCH rather not 'get' something than feel like I've seen it all before. A little mystery is a whole lot more enjoyable than a feeling of been-there-done-that, don't you agree?

Still, there is ONE thing that's still nagging at me a li'l. From all accounts, there were THREE pieces of Croods production art on display at the DW-BTSPAFDWA. And so far, I've only been able to find two. If anyone has a picture of the third, puh-leeze: DROP ME A LINK in the comments section. I'll send you a beat up copy of Classic Yes.

For lots more info on the DreamWorks exhibit, check out The Entertainment Nut's photo-filled review.

4 comments:

  1. (taps fingers together) Excellent. You fell right into my trap, just as I expected.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here is a new image from the movie.

    http://www.slashfilm.com/the-familys-all-here-in-a-new-image-from-dreamworks-animations-the-croods/

    ReplyDelete
  3. mwh1908: Consider me ensnared!

    Bob: I just saw it, too. But PLEASE don't stop sending me links. These past few months, you've been an invaluable resource for me. Thanks so much for your help.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can rest assured, I'll be here to share whatever I come across in the future. I'm looking forward to taking a look at the trailer that was shown at Comic-con. It should be out in a couple of weeks just before the "Hotel Transylvania" movie comes out.

    ReplyDelete