Friday, May 4, 2012

Does 'Cake Wrecks' Publish Pizza Pics?
No? Then It Must Be Fan Art Friday!


Two Fridays ago I asked for Croods-related fan art. Correction: I BEGGED for it. Hoping to appeal to your selfish inner-selves, I even created a contest around this request. (Contribute a piece of fan art, get entered into a drawing to win a signed comic book by Croods story artist Louie del Carmen!) This prompted a few emails asking me if (a.) the contest was real, (b.) did del Carmen know I was offering his comic as a prize, and (c.) did I pay for the comic that I was giving away -- but zero fan art.

(Oh, and for those of you keeping track at home, the answers are 'yes,' 'no' and 'you betcha.')

Dissed and discouraged, I did what any reasonable blogger does when he asks a favor of the internet and is answered with the sound of crickets. I did it my-damned-self. Yes, for the third straight Fan Art Friday in a row, I'm offering up a bit of my own no-talent in the hope that it will inspire some of you (heck, ONE of you) to do likewise. I mean, think of it like this: No matter how unsure you are of your own artistic abilities, ANYTHING you do will surely shine in comparison to my crummy creations. And if that's not a vote of confidence topped with a heaping helping of positive affirmations, I don't know what is!

No comments:

Post a Comment