Friday, March 16, 2012

Fan Art Friday

If imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, then fan art has gotta be the sincerest form of imitation. Think about it. It's an unabashed admission of artistic admiration that's then put out for all the world to see, judge, criticize, and ultimately deem not as good as the original. I say this not as an above-it-all outsider, but as the artistically inept insider responsible for the MS Paint messterpiece below.


Now that that eyesore is outta the way, ON TO THE GOOD STUFF! First up is a super-cool, anime-eyed take on The Croods' Guy. Ryan Reynolds is voicing this role, and you can totally glimpse the actor's sly, self-assured sex appeal in this drawing by Coolev.


Although this next one probably wasn't conceived in spirit of "fan art," I do dig its simplicity and internet-age folk-art qualities enough to include it here. After all, I am a FAN of this piece of ART, so barring all of those lower case words in between, it is indeed FAN ART...of a sort. I found it while wandering the web looking for Croods-news. It was on a site called Croods Trailer which, oddly enough, contains zero Croods trailers.


Wrapping up today's Fan Art Friday is an adorable animated gif of The Croods' multicolored saber-tooth tiger. Using a simple, four-stage run cycle as her base, Cody The Maverick has not only created the first bit of Croods animation to hit the net, she's created this site's new favicon. Thanks, Cody!





If you have a piece of Croods fan art that you'd like to share with the paltry portion of the population reading this site, send it to me at spinnaker(at)verizon(dot)net.

2 comments:

  1. I'm a girl.

    Now that that's out of the way, thanks again for showing my little icon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry! I'll fix that right away. And about your icon: I LOVE IT.

    ReplyDelete